Grants & Applications
Community Grants are only available to organizations possessing a registered charity number issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), or to organizations that are sponsored by one.
Please follow these guidelines when applying:
- Before starting your application, carefully read through the entire application instructions.
- Be sure you are providing the information asked.
- Adhere to all the instructions particularly length recommendations.
- Complete all sections.
- Complete the form online.
- Please do not include any information that has not been requested.
We are dedicated to improving the quality of life in Lennox & Addington County through the creation and management of funds, gifted in perpetuity, and the distribution of their earnings for charitable purposes including social services, arts and culture, health, education, recreation, environment, youth and seniors.
You are eligible if your organization supports CFFL&A initiatives and possesses a charitable registration number from the Canada Revenue Agency.
Applications for grants are received by the Foundation from various non-profit community organizations. Requests are reviewed by the Grant Making Committee and considered against the requirements of the various funds.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2018 Community Grants, but you are welcome to download the application form to familiarize yourself with it before the 2019 forms are released.
Additional Things to Note:
- Applicants who are not a registered charity must have their application sponsored by another organization that is a registered Canadian charity – and must complete and file a Sponsorship Agreement Appendix A (download here). The completed Sponsorship Agreement must be emailed, or mailed (hard copy) or hand delivered. Your local municipality is a registered charity and may be willing to sponsor your application.
- Applications that in any way relate to or may involve a primary and/or secondary school must be accompanied by a Letter of Permission signed by an authorized officer of the governing School Board.
- Applications must be signed by a duly-authorized officer of the applicant organization.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete and file a Grant Evaluation Report at the CFFL&A offices on or before December 31, 2019. A member of CFFL&A;s Grantmaking Committee will be assigned to follow-up and ensure compliance. Noncompliance will bar a defaulting applicant from future participation in the CFFL&A’s Community Grants Program.
- Incomplete or late filed applications will not be considered. If you have any questions about or difficulty in preparing an application, please call or visit the CFFL&A office for assistance (613-354-7333).