Napanee Sports Association Athletic Scholarship/ Bursary Application – 2020
Please note: Final date/time for filing is May 22nd, 2020
This application is fillable online. You can partially complete this form online, Save it, and return later.
Please follow these instructions: 1) Click on the ‘Save and Continue Later’ link at the bottom of the form. 2) You will be presented with a unique link (URL) to return to the form later. 3) Enter your email address so the URL can be emailed to you. 4) Return to the form within 30 days (or before application deadline) for completion and submission.
At the end of the online application is a place to upload supporting files including the reference letter and photo. You can also transmit digital files directly to the the Foundation office at email@example.com to accompany your application before the application deadline.
Receive a Copy of the application: After you click ‘Submit’ a pdf copy of the application will be sent to your email address.
About The Athletic Scholarship / Bursary
The Napanee Sports Association’s athletic scholarship program was introduced in 2007 to recognize and reward an individual’s dedication to sports and education. The program provides financial assistance to athletes in The Town of Greater Napanee who are pursuing post-secondary education for the first time. Each successful recipient can earn up to $500 in bursary funds. Recipients are not eligible in subsequent years.
To be eligible to receive a bursary a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Has been registered with a Greater Napanee sports organization, either school or community, in the year of the application
- Has participated in a sports program in The Town of Greater Napanee for three years or more
- Has been accepted at and plans to attend a recognized education institution at a post-secondary level
- Application form completed in full
- One letter of reference from a coach or sport organization on official letterhead, commenting on athletic performance, dedication, leadership, sportsmanship and any other qualities relevant to this application.
Payment of the bursary shall be made to the educational institution the recipient will be attending upon proof of enrolment in the form of an official document from the educational institution at which the recipient is attending (i.e. letter from Registrar). The recipient’s name(s) will be published on the Community Foundation for Lennox & Addington website. Please consider sending a copy of your graduation photo (if you are comfortable) for media purposes should you be a successful candidate.
All information collected will be used for the sole purpose of reviewing the application.