The Werk Poole Student Bursary Application – 2021
Please note: Final date/time for filing an application is May 7th, 2021
This application is fill-able online. You can partially complete this form online, Save it, and return later.
Please follow these instructions: 1) Click on the ‘Save and Continue Later’ link at the bottom of the form. 2) You will be presented with a unique link (URL) to return to the form later. 3) Enter your email address so the URL can be emailed to you. 4) Return to the form within 30 days (or before application deadline) for completion and submission.
At the end of the online application is a place to upload supporting files. You can also transmit digital files directly to the the Foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org to accompany your application before the application deadline.
Receive a Copy of the application: After you click ‘Submit’ a pdf copy of the application will be sent to your email address.
About The Werk Poole Student Bursary Fund
Werk Poole was a leader in the Napanee community for many years, and the Chief Financial Officer at Gibbard’s Furniture, Napanee.
In 2004, The Werk Poole Student Bursary Fund was established with the Napanee District Community Foundation as a tribute to his leadership in the Napanee community.
The Werk Poole Student Bursary Award will be awarded annually to a graduating high-school student who is a resident of Lennox and Addington County and has been accepted into a Leadership Training Program. The student will have demonstrated knowledge of, and interest in, the qualities inherent in leadership roles. Significant community ties and volunteer experience would be possible indicators of a student’s commitment to a leadership program.
- Resident of Lennox & Addington
- Has been accepted into a Leadership Training Program or a program comparable to the Leadership Program
The Community Foundation for Lennox & Addington evaluates applicants in the following two areas:
- Academic Competence – transcript. (Note: you are NOT required to submit this with your package. The Foundation will reach out to your school to get this information once we receive your application package).
- Participation in extra-curricular activities (school, community, work, volunteer) Note: The onset of the global COVID-19 pandemic has challenged us all in many ways. The opportunities that have been available for community involvement have been limited. The Grant Making Committee recognizes this and will take this fact into consideration when we review your application.
Additional information may be requested by the Community Foundation for Lennox & Addington (CFFLA).
All decisions are at the sole discretion of the CFFLA Board of Directors and all decisions are final.
Obligations of Scholarship Recipients
Before scholarship can be provided recipient must provide:
- Before bursary can be provided – the recipient must provide proof of full time post-secondary school registration including his/her student number, the name of the post-secondary institution and the mailing address of the Registrar, to ensure payment.